Tech giant Google has made available travel grants for this year's FLOSSUK Spring conference as part of its EMEA Women in Tech Conference and Travel grants for female computer scientists.
As part of Google's ongoing commitment to encourage women to excel in computing and technology, we are pleased to offer Women in Tech Travel and Conference Grants to attend FLOSS UK.
This is a terrific opportunity to visit a DevOps conference focussing on Free and Open Technologies.
FLOSS UK's annual Spring conference will take place in York from the 24th to the 26th March 2015. This is the UK's only conference aimed specifically at systems and network administrators. It attracts a large number of professionals from sites of all shapes and sizes. As well as the technical talks, the conference provides a friendly environment for delegates to meet, learn, and enjoy lively debate on a host of subjects.
Google are offering the awardees:
- Free registration for the conference
- Up to 1000 EUR towards travel and accommodation costs (will be paid after the conference)
To be eligible for a conference grant, the candidate must:
- Be a woman working in or studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a technical field related to the conference subject (no residency restrictions apply);
- Have a strong academic and/or professional background with demonstrated leadership ability;
- Be able to attend the core day(s) of one of the main conference;
You must visit this page and apply before this Friday (6th March).