Pan-fried chicken & peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on (weighing about 175g/6oz each)
- 25g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 heaped tbsp horseradish cream
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche, full or half fat
- 350g frozen peas
- ½ iceberg lettuce or 1 cos lettuce, shredded
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
Ready in 30-35 minutes
- Drizzle the oil over the chicken and season. Heat a heavy-based frying pan and put the chicken in, skin side down. Fry on a high heat for 3-4 minutes until the skin is golden and crisp. Turn the chicken over and fry on a medium heat for a further 6-8 minutes until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook on a low heat until soft and transparent. Stir in the horseradish cream and creme fraiche and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in the peas, lettuce and sugar and season well. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until the lettuce has wilted slightly, then remove from the heat and scatter in the mint. Divide the peas between hot plates, top with the chicken and serve with buttered new potatoes or rice.