Chicken with roots & chickpeas
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 carrots, cut into large chunks
- 3 parsnips, cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- 440g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 400g can tomatoes
- chopped coriander, optional
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Toss the chicken, oil, vegetables and seasoning together with some salt and pepper. Roast for 40 mins, shaking the pan every so often.
- When the chicken and vegetables are cooked, lift the chicken onto plates, then put the roasting tin over a high heat. Tip in the chickpeas and tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook for a few mins, then stir in the coriander, if using. Serve with the chicken.